My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What Else Can I Do But Laugh???

I was just sitting here thinking of all of the silly things I've said or done lately. There's actually been A LOT! My mind is fraying daily...and it seems like I may never be restored to what I once was. So like the title of this post says, "What else can I do but laugh?"

Thought I would share a few of my "brilliant" moments of late with you. Heck, we can all laugh together!

1. I think of words to say, but they never come out right. For example, I was playing with Mackenzie the day before yesterday...she was hiding from me and acting silly. I thought...when she jumps out, I'm going to yell BOO at her and scare her first. She jumps out and I yell "BEE!" (This is only one example of literally THOUSANDS of words a day that I end up saying wrong.)

2. This is a constant habit...I make Maddie chocolate milk (of which the milk and the chocolate are both kept in the fridge). The chocolate, which is sitting right next to the milk on the counter, makes it back into the fridge...the milk does not. And it normally will sit there for an hour or better before I figure it out.

3. The other day I was tidying the family room. I had just changed Mackenzie's diaper, so I picked the diaper up, and at the same time, I picked up a book that was sitting on the floor. Threw the book away...laid the diaper on the counter. (See a trend here??)

4. Bought a baby gift at Elder-Beerman over the weekend. The cashier asked me for my zip code...I sat there with my mouth hanging open for about 10 seconds before I heard a male voice say "40383." Thank goodness for hubbies who realize what a dummy their wife has turned into! I certainly had no clue what a zip code was at that particular moment.

5. My very favorite thing that happens - I'll tell Phil or Mom or someone else..."OH! Guess what!" They, of course, say WHAT back, and I sit there and sit there and sit there and sit there thinking of what I wanted to tell them because I lost all track of what I was trying to say. I really DO forget...I promise! Makes them pretty angry, though! HA!


Well, those are just a few of the crazy things that happen to me on a daily basis...there are about a thousand more stories like this for every one that I listed here. Fun times! A lot of people say, "Oh, I do that kind of stuff all of the time." Well...I never did before, and if people do this as much as I do, we're ALL in big trouble! : )

Really...it's OK to laugh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi - I had to laugh, I do the milk/chocolate thing all the time. One or the other makes it back into the fridge while the other one sits on the counter. Glad to know I am not the only one loosing my mind :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

I think that is just called being a mom of two kids! I do it constantly!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home