My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Please Pray...

As you may or may not know...I sing in the praise band at our church. Well, our praise band leader, Brian Schuler, killed himself yesterday. We are all in complete and utter shock.

Brian was always a very fun guy and a talented musician. He was kind of intense, but he would always smile and cut up with you. He was a HUGE fan of classic rock music, and sometimes he would try to talk Marcus (our preacher and bass player in the praise band) into playing something like "Sweet Home Alabama" or some other classic rock song during the service. (Kidding, of course.)

I am very sad for his loss...needless, tragic, horrible. BUT, I am SO incredibly ANGRY with him!!! He killed himself knowing that his 14 year old son would be the first one coming home and that he would be the one to find him. Did this go through his mind before he killed himself? I don't know...I sure hope not. He has completely RUINED this poor child's life! How can you be the same ever again after finding your parent like that?? My heart goes out to his son Nathan who found him, as well as his mother, Jill and his sister, Kelsey.

Also, please pray for our church. There are only a few of us who know about this right now. Everyone else will more than likely find out on Sunday when Brian's not standing up there with us. I'm so afraid that this will just tear our church apart. I know that we are strong and will stand strong together, but this needless loss is going to hurt so many people...and if everyone's as angry as I am right now, then.....I'm just afraid.

I feel guilty...I really do. He had been experiencing some depression, and had recently sold his business. I think maybe there may have been some tension in his home, but NONE of us ever thought in a million years that he would do something like this! I just can't believe it!! I wish now that I would have reached out, sent a card, made a phone call, just said "I care." Anything. Maybe it would have helped...maybe it wouldn't have.

Please...if any of you are depressed or know anyone who is depressed, get help, reach out to that person, let them know that you care (or if you're depressed, realize that there ARE people who love you and care so much about you). You just never know how many people's lives you have touched.

Much love to you all.

Please pray....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

How incredibly sad. My cousin committed suicide last year. It's such a horrible situation to cope with for those left behind.

HUGS!!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home