My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Got Laundered Money for my Birthday!

Really, I did! I got $25 in a card from Phil's mom. I put it in my jeans pocket and forgot about it. My jeans got washed, and WAHLAH! Laundered money...heeheehee! (Bad joke...sorry!)

Anyway, today is my 31st birthday. Saying that I was 30 was bad enough...now I have to say thirty-ONE. EEK! I feel like I should still be an 18 year old, but then again, my body says that I should be about 80. Nothing in that equation says that I should be 31. HA!

My Maddie is the sweetest little thing on the face of the Earth. All week long, my Mom has been telling her that my birthday was coming up, and every day, she keeps trying to tell me Happy Birthday. Well, this morning, when we woke up, I said, "Maddie, today is Mommy's birthday!" She responded with a very loud, cheerful, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!!!" I think that she was more excited than I was. She went on to tell me that I have to have a cake, some balloons, and those things that go on the walls (ie., streamers). Not sure that she was supposed to tell me all of that. Then I told her that Mommies don't get birthday parties because we're too old. She said, "You're not old, Mommy. You're new...because we live in a new house!" : ) LOVE...HER!

So Phil is taking me out for a sushi dinner right after we get off of work. I'm excited about that because as you may or may not know, I'm a HUGE sushi fan!!!! WOOHOO!! We get these lobster rolls that are just DIVINE!! Ahhh...my mouth is watering as I type. After dinner, apparently, I get a burfday party.

Oh, also, Maddie and Mackenzie had gotten me a card (well, Mom got it actually), and they drew all over it, put their little handprints on it, and put stickers all over it. Maddie was so excited that she had to give it to me first thing this morning. You know...I don't care if I EVER get a gift of any kind ever again. All I care to get is the little homemade pictures and cards from my girls. Melts my heart.

I started on my Neurontin on Monday night. Stuff threw me for a MASSIVE loop! I mean big time! Felt like I was on a 10-day drunk or something. I stayed really dizzy most of yesterday, but I slept like a log, though. No shooting electrical pains, no twitching or jerking...it was nice. I took the Neurontin an hour earlier last night, and I feel a lot better today. Right now, I'm taking 1 per day...then on Friday, I'll start taking it twice a day...then from Tuesday on, I'll be taking it THREE TIMES A DAY!! I've never had to take anything 3 times a day!!! As long as it helps take the edge off, though...I'll do what I have to.

I don't get to get out to visit people much these days between not feeling well, taking care of the kids, and taxes, but my best friend, Tabitha, came to visit me last night! She had to drop some things off, but she stayed for a couple of hours, and we got to talk and catch up while the kids played. I really enjoyed just sitting and chatting with her. Tabitha, I know you're reading ; ), so THANKS for visiting with us!!!!

I *think* that's it for now...it's been an eventful few days. I'll post tomorrow about how my not-so-surprise birthday party goes tonight!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne said...

Soooo how was the party? Where is the update?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home