My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My MRI...I Did It!!!

Had my repeat MRI this morning. I'm SO proud of myself!!! I made it through the entire thing without freaking out one time!!!

I was all ready to take someone's advice to ward off the clausterphobia and had a great CD picked out to take with me to listen to. In true ME fashion, what do I do? That's right...I left it laying on the counter at home.

I thought to myself I CAN DO THIS! So I marched myself right into that room, laid down on the table, squeezed my eyes shut, and started counting to 30 - about 900,000 times! Why 30? Not sure, but it worked. (Heck...think I'll be counting to 30 in my sleep tonight!)

There was one point at the beginning where I had to open my eyes because they were starting to hurt from being squeezed shut so tightly, and I almost started freaking out, but I quickly gathered my composure, took some deep breaths and started counting again.

After about 45 minutes, they brought me out, put the contrast dye into my vein and shoved me back in. I was surprised when they only did about 5 more minutes worth of scans after they put the dye in. I guess I thought that they would do the whole 15-20 minute series again after contrast was given. Oh well...it's not like I WANTED to be in there for another 15-20 minutes anyhow. Sheesh!

The only problem I had was that my whole body started twitching and jerking everywhere like I do anytime I lay down to relax. The lady kept telling me through the microphone that the scans were showing movement and that I HAD to be very still. I couldn't be still no matter how hard I tried, and actually it would get worse the more I concentrated on trying to stop it. I felt like yelling back at her - "HEY! You come try it! It's not exactly a walk in the park!!"

It's over...it's done. Now I just pray to GOD that I'll be able to get some answers when I go back to the Neurologist next Thursday...and that I won't have to do another MRI again for a loooonnnnggg, looonnnggg time!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

PRAYERS FOR ANSWERS!!! I'm proud of you!! WTG!!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

YEah!! I am so proud of you!! I have been worried about you this week!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home