My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, March 06, 2006

I want a new drug...one that does what it should...

Remember that Huey Lewis and the News song from the '80's?

Just telling you all the news that as of tonight, I'll be ringing in a new day in a Neurontin-induced stupor. HA! Dr. Fee just called me to tell me that he called in my prescription to the Pharmacy. YAY! Relief just may be in sight!

On Saturday night, I woke up at 1:00 am with a HORRIBLE pain in the right side of my head. It was similar to the "normal" pains that I have there, only this time, it radiated down my face, down my neck, all the way down to my chest. It hurt so badly, I thought for sure that I must be dying...or having a stroke, maybe.

I sat up for a little over an hour waiting to see if it would go away (nothing like waiting around in a possible emergency situation, huh?), but finally after increasing in intensity to where I thought my whole head and upper body would explode, it just went away...just like that. So strange! Now, I've suffered from migraines in the past, but this was NOTHING like a migraine...or really nothing like a headache even. Just weird. Hopefully the Neurontin will help get rid of some of this junk.


In other news...I cannot remember for the life of me if I shared my new career aspirations here. I think I did (home staging and redesign)? Well, I have started my training course, and I'm getting ready to send my first unit homework in for grading. I'm so excited about the whole thing!!! Just 3 more units to finish as well as some final coursework, and I'll be able to put IDDP after my name. Of course, I will be starting my own business as far as this is concerned, but I will not do it full-time until Mrs. Madden (God bless her) is no longer around. I made the promise to her that I would stay with her, and that's what I'll do. I can see this taking off to a bigger and brighter place in the future, though...

Otherwise, life is pretty status quo. Just living, doing taxes and hanging out with the family. Haven't really even done any scrapbooking for a week or so. Gotta change that! HA!

I'll write again tomorrow to tell you all how I feel ON drugs... : )

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I hope you finally get relief dear buddy.

What does IDDP stand for?

PRAYERS
Rhonda

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home