My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

UGH! What next!?!

There are SO many things going on right now...most of which are not very good. My family could use your prayers right now.

First of all, my Mom starts Chemo treatments in cream form on Friday for skin cancers on her face. Apparently, she has many places on her face, so she has to use this cream that will basically FRY the first few layers of her skin off. She's been told that she will look like she's been in a fire. She will use it for two weeks...I've heard that it's painful, and my kids can't touch her face in any way at all because it can be very toxic to them. So no hugs or kisses from Nana for at least two weeks. I know that my kids will go through Nana-withdrawals, and my Mom is already CRUSHED at the idea of not being around them much for two weeks. My thoughts...it's only TWO weeks...let's get it done and get her better!!

Secondly, my Dad is having surgery around the first of May on his neck. His spinal column has kind of deteriorated and is crushing down on the vertebrae where it's causing a lot of pain and discomfort. He will be down and out for 2-3 weeks then. Best part is....this condition is HEREDITARY!!!! Nice.

I'm an only child, and it makes me worry to see my parents going through these things. I know that these treatments and surgeries will help to make them better (God willing), but it's just hard not to worry. So if you will pray for them, I would be highly appreciative!

As for me, the Neurontin is a God-send. It's helped so much of my pain and has been wonderful. I'm still suffering from a lot of dizziness (not sure if it's Neurontin related or not) and my eyes continue to be SO jumpy. I guess I'm going to have to break down and go see an Opthamologist....but I don't WANNA!!!!!!!!! I've got a million doctors in my life right now, and I certainly don't want to add another to the mix! Grrrrrrrr.........

So...yesterday, I get a phone call from Karen, who is my insurance agent's wonderful, on top of things, secretary. She asks me if I switched my health insurance to another company. I told her no. She asks me if I received a letter from Anthem (my health insurance company)...I told her no. She then proceeds to tell me that she received a letter from Anthem saying that they TERMINATED my health insurance!!!!!!!! I got on the phone and called Anthem, and the lady said that they cancelled me for non-payment. I pulled up my bank information, which showed every payment that I had made online (including the most recent month's), and I faxed it over to them. I HATE health insurance companies!!!!!!!! HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!! I'm sure they are looking for ANY reason whatsoever to cancel me since I've been going through so much testing lately. They'd BETTER get my policy back up and running again, or God help me, I will find the worst, ugliest, ambulance-chasingest (is that a word?) lawyer I can find!!!!

Whew...I feel better for getting all of that out. It just seems there's no end in sight for the drama (eeek...I hate that word!). Maybe one day life will go back to "normal." But probably not...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Holy Moly!! That's a lot to deal with at one time. HUGS!!

Many prayers going up for you and your family!

Rhonda

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! I am so sorry to hear about your mom and dad's health issues. I will definitely pray for you all and add you to our prayer list at church. I am also praying for you as well.

Love and hugs,
Tabitha

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home