My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Did YOU Eat Too Much Turkey?

Brrrr...it's cold!!!! It didn't waste any time getting cold either. Seems like it went from 60 degrees to 30 in one day's time. No fall hardly anymore...and that's my favorite time. Figures! (OK...I wrote this first part on Friday, and it's now Monday, and guess what...it's 70 DEGREES AGAIN!!??!! Geez!)

We didn't go mall shopping on Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year. We did, however, go to a Christmas Crafts show that we always go to. I didn't buy anything this year...the first time I've ever left empty-handed. Everything was WAY overpriced this year for some reason. Grrr...

Thanksgiving Day for us was pretty good - the deep-fried Turkey was absolutely THE BEST! Lots and lots of really good food - did I mention the cheese grits?!? Mmmmmm....Oh, and did I mention all of the desserts? Pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, banana pudding, cakes, apple pies.... Yes, I ate a lot. I admit it, and I'm proud of it, daggone it! Haha!

We had another Thanksgiving dinner yesterday at Phil's grandmother's house. That woman is 80-something years old, and she STILL makes enough food to feed a 100-man military unit all by herself! And oh my, can she cook! I didn't get to eat too much there, though, because I was too busy chasing after my dear children trying to make sure that they didn't break anything in Granny's house.

The girls had fun playing with their little cousins, though. All of the kids (6 total, including my girls) played outside in the leaves quite a bit, and they had SO much fun. Phil's cousin would rake up the leaves into a big pile, and the kids would jump right into the middle of them before he even finished. Then he started burying them under the leaves and they would jump out of them and scream and laugh. It took me back to my childhood, doing the same thing after a big Turkey dinner. I think I had just as much fun watching them as they did playing in them.

We put our outdoor Christmas decorations out Saturday and Sunday, too. We put icicle lights around the covered porch and over the garage. I put wreaths with red bows on all of the front windows and around the lights on the garage. Mom bought me two small lighted trees to put on either sides of my front door, and then we put a small lighted tree up on the landing inside of the house, which shows up in the big picture window in the front of the house. I'll have to post a picture of it. I'm fairly pleased with it. Getting it all done was another story, but this is the "happy" thread, so I'll save the complaining. HA!

Anyway, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. Christmas tree goes up tonight...I think....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home