My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Too Stinking Cold!!!

What a horrible, freezing cold day it is!!! Brrrr..... When I left this morning, it was 25 degrees - now it's 36 degrees. So much for Fall, huh?

So this day isn't exactly going wonderfully. I have had a slow leak in my rear passenger-side tire for a couple of days, so Phil and I took my car to get the tire patched. Well, OF COURSE, there is a nail in the side wall of the tire...ie, they can't fix it. New tire, balance and rotation costs $130. That's $130 that I need to be putting on my Christmas layaway!!!!! *sigh* Don't you hate it when life happens??

In better news....my symptoms seem to be remitting ever so slightly. I actually had a tad bit of energy last night, which was a wonderful, wonderful feeling. I'm so glad to be feeling a bit better, but at the same time, I hope that the new doctor is still able to gauge what's going on with me even though there seems to be a bit of a remission period going on. Surely he can...

I'm contacting Dr. Cooper's office to have them send copies of my test results and my MRI scans to me so that I can have them for future consultations. Hopefully, they won't give me much slack about that (they'd better not!).

We're getting the girls' pictures made on Sunday. I can't wait. This will be the first time since LAST Christmas that I've had them done. I'm such a lackluster Mom! Anyway, we're going to the Picture People...we got a new store in Fayette Mall, and I'm very excited about it. They are going to have a few shots done in their Christmas sweaters, and then we're going to have some shots done in their dress up outfits. I'll be sure to post the pictures here when I get them back.

I took food last night the family at church whose husband/father is dying. I was shocked at how badly he looked when it wasn't all that long ago that I saw him looking strong and healthy. He has a very rare blood clotting disorder that the doctors cannot do anything about. His body just keeps producing blood clots in his lungs, legs, etc., and there is no way to stop it. They've onl y given him a couple of months to live. So sad. While I was there, Teresa, his wife, kept asking about my medical problems. I felt SO horrible sitting there talking about the things I've been going through when this man is laying in a bed dying. It was very surreal. I really didn't want to talk about it, but she just kept asking and asking. *sigh* I just pray for them daily...it must be so hard to just sit around and wait for your loved one to die.

Better run for now...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home