My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I did really bad on my exam...but it's CHRISTMAS!!

Yeh, I guess it doesn't matter if my exam blew the biggest of chunks possible. I knew that it was going to be difficult...and it was. The questions that I did well on, I KNOW I did really well on. The questions that I did poorly on...well, I have no nice words for that, so I won't even talk about it. We'll see what happens. I still haven't even received my scores from the 2nd part that I took back in October yet!! Grrrrr...

But all of that doesn't matter. It's CHRISTMAS time! Forget shopping and all of that crap (I do my shopping primarily online these days anyway)...it's all about the decor for us. Here's a few pictures of what I've done this year.
This is our mantle. It needs some sprucing up with some greenery, but I'm too lazy to go to the store to buy anymore. HA!
This is my foyer. I think our recently painted green walls really accentuates this look...don't you? ; )My tree...oh, tannebaum! I'm utterly pleased with myself over the tree this year. I decided to ditch my creepy gold beads of years' past and go with something a little softer - ribbon...and lots of it.
The outside of our house is decorated the exact same as last year, so if you want to see it, go back to the December 2005 archives and look at it. I can't be THAT creative in one year as to change up EVERYTHING, now can I?

Good news is...I've been feeling OK for the last two or three days. I always hate to say that because I feel like I just jinx myself...that I'll be in bed all day tomorrow just because I said that I feel OK today or something. Of course, with my Neurologist appt. coming up on the 22nd, it's likely that I'm getting better just for Dr. Fee. You know, he can never see me in my natural state whenever I go to the doctor.... bleh!

Bad news for the week is that I just found out that our neighbors are moving. I'm very sad because we've gotten to know them very well over the last year. They have a little girl named Annie who is a bit younger than Mackenzie. Mackenzie LOVES Annie and always points to her house everytime we pull up in the driveway and yells, "Ahhnie...Ahhnie!" I know that she'll miss her. Anyway, Kelli is my OB/GYN's nurse, so she has always kept me informed about things, and I could call her anytime for any reason when I needed to. Ben is our dog's veterinarian. They are moving about 2-3 hours away to be near Ben's father who is letting him take over the family veterinary business. I'm happy for them, but gosh, I'll miss them! You always worry about who you might have move in next, you know?

Oh well...guess that's it for now. Hope you all are well and are enjoying your holiday season! Cheers!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Too funny, I ditched the ribbon added gold beads. LOL!! We should have communicated and just swapped decorations. Might have been cheaper. LOL!!

Sorry to hear that your friends are moving away. That's always bittersweet news.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous Christmas decortations. I LOVE your foyer (and yes, the new paint does accensuate!) and your Christmas tree is BEAUTIFUL! Nice Job. A belated MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, Mimi!!!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home