My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Vacation...and stuff...

So vacation was fun - kind of...

Yes, it was fun, indeed, to get away for awhile. The fun parts of the trip were:

1. Eating good food
2. Shopping
3. Eating good food
4. Shopping at the big Tanger outlet mall
5. Did I mention eating?
6. OK...so the weather was nice, too.
7. Oh my gosh...I forgot to mention the trees - the trees were the most beautiful, gorgeous things out there. You would look out at the mountains only to see every color of the rainbow out there - so beautiful
8. Eating good food

The really bad parts of the trip were:

1. Maddie puking all over herself in the car on the way TO Gatlinburg (boy, was that a fun clean up!)
2. Sleeping 6 people in one tiny hotel room, which we were lucky to get because every hotel was booked solid
3. Having our hotel room 2 rooms from the end of the hotel...oh yeh, did I mention that right next door was the Haunted Mansion attraction which bellowed creepy music until Midnight every night? I wouldn't have minded it, only Maddie was completely and utterly FREAKED OUT by it
4. Walking so much that I thought my legs would crack up and fall off (guess that was good for me, though)
5. It was *REALLY* crowded down there
6. Maddie puking all ove herself in the car on the way FROM Gatlinburg (only this time we were armed with plastic bags)...poor kid gets her carsickness from her Mama

So we're home and well and content until next month when I will be wanting to go somewhere else again. BUT...my good friend Rhonda (Ladybug Mom for you OS'ers out there) is coming all the way from Alaska to visit and staying with us for 3 nights! She will be here in about 27 hours or so...I'm so excited!!! I'm sure she'll be MORE than ready to get back on that airplane to go home after staying in a house with my kids for that long. HeeHee!

Oh...I DID manage to gain only ONE pound while on vacation. I'm utterly pleased with myself.

I have no pictures to post from vacation. I know, I know...but I just didn't feel like lugging a camera around everywhere. Phil got a few on his "non-digital" camera (gosh, I don't even know what to call those anymore), so maybe I'll scan and post a few of those whenever (if ever) he gets them back.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home