My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well...I'm A-Tryin' It Again!

So Phil and I started the South Beach Diet on Monday. I hate it! I'm absolutely the most miserable human being on the face of the planet right now...(and yes, I'm a huge wimp with no willpower). Of all of the foods I can be thinking about and fantasing about right now, guess what I'm constantly thinking of.

A LITTLE DEBBIE FUDGE ROUND

Yes...something that I probably have not eaten in at least 5 years, but oh, that's all I think of - its chocolately round goodness. Sad, huh?

Good news is that I'm already down 3 or 4 lbs., however you wish to look at it. Monday morning, I weighed in at 152.8...this morning, I weighed 149.6 (down 3.2 lbs.). Sunday night - the night before starting - I weighed 155.6, and last night I weighed 151.8 (down 3.8 lbs.). So I guess the moral of this story is that I've lost somewhere around 3 1/2 lbs. since Monday.

I'm doing Pilates right now - have been doing it for a little over a week now. It's actually one of those $9.99 videos from K-Mart, but I love it far more, so far, than any of the other expensive videos I've bought in the past. It's very low impact, so it's easy for me to get through, but after you're finished, you can tell that it was a good workout - if that makes any sense.

Anyhow, we are leaving for Gatlinburg,TN tomorrow for the weekend, so those 3.5 lbs. will be dashed in an instant. LOL! The best thing to do down there is EAT, what, with all of the carmel apples, funnel cakes, footlong corndogs, swizzle sticks, etc., etc.... I can't go there and NOT eat, you know.

Maddie is HORRIBLY excited to go. That's the place where you "play 'skeetball'" all the time, after all....not that she knows how to play it, but I guess she just enjoys watching me win lots of tickets and prizes for her. My only concern...Mackenzie. She hasn't slept away from home since she was a tiny baby. I'm nervous that none of us will get any sleep the entire time we are there because she'll be up all night crying for home. We'll sure give it a shot, though....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home