My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day...and all the fun stuff that comes with it...

Today is Election Day. I have always felt that I need to make my voice heard through my votes. It may or may not have an effect on the outcome, but at least I did my civic duty, which gives me the right to complain, in essence. :)

SO DID YOU VOTE TODAY??? (I promise I will not next ask WHO you voted for - HAHA!)

I have been SO incredibly aggravated with the whole voting process this year, though. When we moved, I failed to find out where we were supposed to vote. This was purely my fault because I'm a practicing, card-holding member of the NPA (National Procrastinators' Association).

I sought out to find the answer to my polling place question at 7:00 PM last night. No neighbor of mine knew where to vote. My Mom and Dad nor any of their neighbors knew where to vote. The stinking newspaper did not even tell us where to vote.

See...my town is bass-ackwards (excuse my French), and apparently, they decided to throw people in every which direction when it came to polling places. There are two...not one, but TWO polling places within less than a mile from my house. Did I vote there? NO! That would have been entirely too easy. Turns out, I voted at a church all the way ACROSS TOWN. Yes, I mean it. Who would have thunk it?

I feel disenfranchised (although I did still get to vote, after all). Think I'll go now and write a letter to the nearest chapter of the ACLU. Think they'll take up my case? Think they even have an office in Kentucky? (I'm totally kidding, of course, although our little idiot of a county clerk may get an earful from me...)

Oh, and if there is even ONE stinking message from a candidate left on my voice mail at home when I get there...I'll...I'll...Oh, FORGET IT!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ScruffyDog said...

YES! I voted. Fortunately, Oregon has made the voting process super easy by having all ballots write-in. So we either mail 'em or drop them off at an official location.

This is my first visit to your blog. I'll stop by again soon!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I voted. Keith dragged my hinney out of bed at 7:30am to vote. Ugh!! I told him that voting after work counted just as much as voting before work. :-/

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home