My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Busy, Busy Week! (But a good one....)

Lots of things have happened over the last week or so...

First of all, I took the 2nd part of my CPA exam on the 24th. I feel like I did very well on it, which probably translates to complete failure. I know, I know...positive affirmations. Whatever.....

Secondly, my buddie Rhonda (aka, Ladybug Mom) came for a visit from Alaska. She came in on Friday and left Monday. We had a really great time with her, and she has a true friend for life in Maddie (and me, too, of course). Maddie misses her a lot and always asks me if we can talk to her on the computer. Heehee.... Anyway, we went to Keeneland and to Double Stink Hog Farm's pumpkin festival. She got to eat at Cracker Barrel, too, which I think she liked. Anyway, we had a great time, and I hope that we will get to see her again one day soon...after she gets her sweet baby girl from China, Sarah Lyn. : ) (Here's a picture of Miss Rhonda and her new best friend, Maddie.)Finally, we took the girls trick or treating on Tuesday night. Maddie was Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, and Mackenzie was Tinkerbell. They had a blast and got WAY too much candy. In the meantime, I've switched from my South Beach Diet/Weight Watchers mix over to the all candy, all the time diet. I can't figure out why it's not working. Here are some pictures of the little princesses (in mind only...not in action).

Maddie curtsying like a true princess. This was how she said she was going to thank people after they gave her candy. She didn't do it:
Mackenzie's costume was absolutely ADORABLE!! And she actually kept the wings on the whole time. The shoes, however, were a different story (they WERE too big, though):
The gals together...not sure what the goofy looks on their faces were about:
Unlike last year, I actually made it around the neighborhood OK. YAY for me!!! I'm hanging in there health-wise. Still have a lot of fatigue and some minor aches, pains and weakness, but the big thing is my cognitive abilities. Bad...bad...bad..... I felt like an idiot when Rhonda was in because I even have a difficult time following conversations anymore, and it seemed like I was constantly repeating myself or forgetting things that she had already told me. So...sorry Rhonda! ; )
Must work now....no motivation today....(not unlike any other day...)






Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Don't be too hard on yourself!! You followed conversations JUST FINE!!

The girls are darling!!! How much are YOU enjoy the loot? Hee hee!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home