My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Do you ever wonder why people...

...work in public service jobs (ie, fast food joints, stores, etc.) that they hate and insist on butchering the idea that the customer is ALWAYS right? Hey...there's a nice cushy desk job at the government with your name on it - then you won't have to talk to ANYONE all day long (or so my cousin says)!

...insist that it's their way or the highway even though their way is by FAR the minority opinion? Can we say PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE? It's really not pretty...but apparently it's the style lately.

...drive in the fast lane as if it's the slow lane and they don't even blink an eye when 50 cars go around them honking? Move on over, sweetheart...you don't own the road.

...constantly term a differing opinion as "OFFENSIVE??" I don't get this...can some explain it to me? So just because you happen to not agree, it's automatically offensive? I just get so sick of hearing this word. What's offensive to me is when people overuse the term "offensive." HA!

So yeh, I'm in a bad mood today...can you tell? I really have no reason to be, afterall, today was "Bring your teddy bear to Preschool" day at Maddie's school, so I get to hear all about how some little boy stole Maddie's teddy bear and punched it in the face or something weird like that when I get home. :)

I guess I'm in a bad mood because it's going to rain all weekend when I've planned my first MAJOR (and much needed) garage sale in years, and I have 5 BILLION things that need to go, including 4 BILLION baby outfits that fit my girls no more.

Or maybe I'm in a bad mood because that silly girl at Hardee's this morning copped an attitude with me when I tried to tell her that the breakfast she was trying to give me actually was the breakfast that the man in front of me had ordered - I know...I heard him order it, and I certainly didn't want a smoked sausage biscuit. ICK!

Or quite possibly, it could be from the idiotic way that some people around here drive - it's a run-over or be ran-over town that I drive in here.

SO...think I'll head to the nearest Starbucks and get me a Venti Cafe Mocha with lots of extra whipped cream and chocolate shavings. That'll make my day (and put back 5 of the pounds that I've already lost - oh well!)!

P.S. Feel free to add your "Do you ever wonder why people..." comments - but keep it nice... ; )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home