My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Doctors, Schmoctors!

Tax season is officially OVER with as far as I'm concerned!! I got away this year with filing only 1 extension for 1 client....I'm so geeked!! Now, though...quarterly payroll taxes are due by April 30th, so the race begins for those.

This was a *REALLY* busy weekend. First off...my EMG testing was on Friday. They told me it would last for an hour...3 hours later, I was finally finished. A medical tech did EXTENSIVE nerve studies on my right side (arm, leg, neck), and then Dr. Fee came in to do the EMG - the needle part. He checked quite a few different muscles including one in my face (!!!).

After the test, he told me that he would see me during my follow-up appt. on the 25th where we would discuss other symptoms, etc., but as for the EMG's, he said that he could see "borderline issues...but the picture as a whole wouldn't allow [him] to make any kind of call at this point." DUH!! He also said that the 13 pints...I mean, vials...of blood that they took during my last appointment netted a few "borderline" issues, but again, the picture as a whole wouldn't allow him to make any call. I'm sorry, please hold your ears if you are easily offended, but WHAT THE HELL DOES BORDERLINE MEAN!!!! And if there are so many freakin' borderline issues, why can't you put them together and call it something??!!??

So...next step is the sleep study (aka, a good night's sleep for me), and then I go to see Dr. Fee again on the 25th. I'm sure he's going to say that he cannot make any calls on anything one way or another right now and that he has run out of tests to do for now. That is fine and dandy with me; however, it's sad that it's literally going to take something BAD happen (aka, lost vision, loss of control in legs/arms, etc.) for someone to figure something out!

As of now, I am feeling a bit better. My fatigue and weakness has eased up to some degree. My eye twitching has also eased up to some degree, although I still am experiencing a lot of blurred vision. I'm left right now with that pesky burning stuff in my leg and neck, and it has now moved over to the top of my left arm. Blah! Also, I'm pretty certain that my bladder isn't functioning correctly, although I SO don't want to tell him that in the fear that he is going to send me to a Urologist!! Sorry to be so graphic, but I can tell that my bladder doesn't empty all of the way anymore...(leading to all of the stinking infections I've had despite killer antibiotics!). Grrrrr...THIS SUCKS!!!

But...I'm hanging in there, just like every other time. Don't get me wrong...I seriously doubt that Dr. Fee is going to ditch me or anything. He understands and acknowledges that there is something going on with me...he's just not able to prove anything right now. I suppose what he will say is to call him if/when I have another bad attack again so that we can repeat MRI's, etc.

Otherwise, we had a wonderful Easter! I completely blew my diet, but it's OK...those cheddar grits my aunt made were to DIE FOR! Got lots of cute pictures of the girls in their pretty little dresses. I'll post all about our day yesterday and post some pictures tomorrow...

Oh, and I lost 2.6 more lbs. at Weight Watchers...so I'm down a grand total of 5.8 lbs. now! Woohoo...yippee...yay... Why can't I snap my fingers and have 28 lbs. drop off???

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

HUGS!!!!!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home