My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Weird Day!!

Yesterday was one of the strangest days I've had in a long, long time.

First of all, I got to Ms. Madden's house, and there was no electricity. Add to that, all of the stoplights for a two mile stretch were out...the gas stations were roped off and closed...the restaurants were closed. Someone had hit a electrical pole and knocked out the electricity to the whole area. I got to her house at 9:30, and I finally left at 2:00 because it was so freezing cold in her house! It was almost like Armaggedon or something...just a strange occurance.

Before I left, her Carbon Monoxide detector started going crazy...I would assume it was because the battery was running out, but I couldn't be certain. THEN my Mom calls and says that there is heavy smoke in my garage and my fire alarm is going off! Apparently, something got caught in the dryer...that's my only guess, at least. Everything was OK with that after she turned off the dryer and opened the garage door (our dryer vent comes out in the garage).

Just strange...every minute of the whole day!

Maddie and Mackenzie are both sick with colds and have not slept well the last 3-4 days, except for last night. I guess that they were so tired from being awake the last few nights that they slept right through last night. I woke up at 5:00 am, realized that I hadn't heard from either of them, and got up to check to see if they were OK. At least I finally got some much needed rest...we'll see what tonight holds.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home