My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Been a "Fun" Few Days

So you should know that I'm being completely sarcastic when I say this. It all started on Tuesday. Over the course of the day, I began having this sharp pain in my lower right side. It did not go away, and of course, I woke up with it on Wednesday as well. Over the course of the day on Wednesday, it continued to get worse and worse. By Wednesday evening, my pain level was at a 9, so I headed for the Emergency Room.

I didn't think that it would end up being anything very serious, but I wanted to be sure that it wasn't Appendicitis or something like that. At the ER, they gave me a shot of Demerol, took blood and did x-rays. My blood work showed a slightly elevated white blood cell level, which the doctor said really wasn't of any concern. My x-rays, however, showed a bowel blockage...wonderful. At first, I was like HOW IN THE WORLD because I hadn't been having any problems in "THAT" respect. But then, I remembered that bowel disfunction is a symptom of MS, so I mentioned to the doctor that I had been undergoing testing for MS. He responded with, "Ohhhh...that makes sense." He said that he, of course, was not diagnosing me, but he said that he sees this kind of thing quite often with MS patients, and he went on to explain how the brain in an MS patient messes this stuff up, basically. Anyway, I was not very pleased when he sent me home with a bottle full of Magnesium Citrine to drink, but I am "pleased" (for lack of a better word) that I will be able to add this to my list of symptoms to present to my new Neurologist next week.

So here's my "stupid" story for the week. Yesterday, I stayed home partially because of my ER visit the previous night, and partially because there was ice/snow that fell. I decided that I'd better get some food into the house, so me and the girls went to the grocery store first thing yesterday morning. We get back home, eat lunch, and it was time for Mackenzie to take a nap. Guess what - no pacifier!

I looked all over the house and in the car before I realized that she had it at Kroger. SO...I packed the girls up in the car, drove them BACK to the store (in the ice storm, mind you), and proceeded to retrace our steps looking for the stinking thing, asking every employee that I saw along the way if they'd seen it. Of course, no pacifier anywhere.

To make a long story short, I'm the worst Mom ever! I let my child lose her pacifier because my brain does not process itself enough to even think that she might not have it and I'd better find it because she won't sleep otherwise. I brought them back home and put Mackenzie down for her nap...she picked up every stuffed animal in her crib looking for it, and every time she would pick one up and Pi-Pi wasn't there, she would pucker up and look at me as if to say, "HOW COULD YOU!!!" I cried. I was sad. More than that, though, I was TIRED after two trips to the grocery store. I'm paying for THAT today.

She's OK...yesterday was kind of rough on her, but today is better. She needed to get rid of that thing anyway. I was just hoping that it wouldn't have to be as TRAUMATIC as it was for her, though. Geez, I feel like a crum...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home