My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Merry Christmas?? Bah-Humbug!

We had a decent weekend. Stayed home and relaxed on Friday night...as much as I love to run around, it sure has been helpful to me to just stay in and rest as much as possible.

Saturday night, we took the girls to Southern Lights - a big Christmas light display that the KY Horse Park puts on every year. The girls really enjoyed it, and so did the grownups...UNTIL...

They had an indoor display after you drove through the lights. There was a craft fair, entertainment (singers), a toy train display, Santa, etc. Well, it was a MESS - there were hundreds if not thousands of people stacked one on top of the other in this place. That event made me realize that this world has become SO incredibly MEAN!

I had Mackenzie in her small umbrella stroller, and I was trying so hard not to run over anyone. Every time I did run into someone, I always tried to apologize, and most people were very gracious about it. Well, there was this one lady who walked right out in front of me, and I ran into the side of her leg. I was getting ready to apologize to her, and she says, "Oh excuse me...no wait...excuse YOU!" OH....MY....GOSH! I have NEVER in my life been so appalled!!! Of course, I didn't say excuse me to her after that. I actually had a few other choice words for her but decided not to use them since my kids were right there. ; )

And THEN...we finally made our way to the elevators to go downstairs. When the doors opened, there were a lot of people blocking the way, so it made it difficult for us to get out of the doors. There was an older woman waiting to get on the elevator, and she looks at us and says, "Well, are you gonna get off or what!" There was no where for us to go!!!! RUDE! Just RUDE people everywhere! I've never been so disheartened in my whole life!! It was like a whole room full of Scrooges. We only stayed about 10 minutes before deciding that it was not any fun...and that was 10 minutes too long.

Sad...very sad...I remember when people used to be happy and excited about Christmas coming. People used to smile at other people, and everyone was nice to everyone. Maybe it was just my naivety as a child?? I like to think not...

Oh well...Maddie is really sick right now. She has a really bad cold that makes her cough and cough. The coughing, in turn, makes her throw up. Poor thing... Mackenzie stayed awake literally all night talking to herself. Not sure what that was about. She would sleep for 1/2 hour, talk to her self for 1/2 hour, sleep for 1/2 hour, talk to herself for 1/2 hour, etc. I'm very serious! It's funny now, but it wasn't at the time. I guess she must be getting ready to hit another milestone.

Yesterday, I felt really, really good! Energetic, good mood...I almost hate to tell about it because I always jinx myself when I do. It was nice to feel good again, though. We'll see what tomorrow holds...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home