My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Good Mood Day!!

Hi! I am actually having a *GOOD* day today!!! Could it be that my symptoms are lessening in severity? For the last 2 days, I have felt a bit more energetic and not nearly as symptomatic as I have been. I'm hoping that this might be the end of this attack.

I've been in touch with a few different people recently, one who suffers from MS, one who is in the diagnosis stage like me, and one who suffers from Demyelinating Disease. They have been such a HUGE help in answering all of my questions. More importantly, they have helped me relax a little bit about my Nerve Conduction Studies coming up on Monday. They have assured me that it goes pretty quickly and that it's only mildly uncomfortable. They have also told me that this test can be very telling, so I guess I'm looking forward to getting it done (and over with). I'm still bummed that it happens to fall on my anniversary, but oh well...

In all of this, I feel so loved and cared for. My family and friends have been so wonderful in checking in on me, leaving me messages...my church family has been SO wonderful...so many phone calls, e-mail, etc., just from people checking on how I am doing. It warms my heart.

There's a lady at our church who is over delegating duties for making dinners for sick people, and she had called me to make dinner for a family whose Husband/Father is dying. Later on, she found out through my pastor what I was going through, and she immediately called me back and told me NOT to do the dinner, that she would get someone else to do it. She apologized profusely for even asking me to do it. I insisted that I WANTED to do it...that I wasn't that bad off, and that these people are my friends. I told her that I would take dinner to them on the 17th, so she went ahead and put me down for that date. I had a really nice conversation with her.

Well...apparently, this lady told our pastor about our conversation, and I became one of the subjects of our pastor's sermon on Sunday. (That's a first - HAHA!!!) We were up really late with our friends who visited on Saturday night, so we didn't go to church on Sunday (I know...bad!), so I didn't hear it myself. A friend of ours who goes to our church (and who is also a good friend of my Mom's) called Mom yesterday morning to see if I was doing OK and if I needed any help. My Mom told her that I was OK and as a matter of fact, I was getting around just fine. She went on to tell the friend that I had even volunteered to cook another family dinner at our church...that's how well I was doing. The friend said, "Oh, that's who Marcus (our pastor) was talking about during his sermon yesterday, then!"

She went on to tell my Mom that the sermon was about service in the church, and Marcus had told everyone about a member of the church who was going through a lot of trials herself but still insisted on making dinner for another family in the church who was suffering as well. He told the congregation, "That's what service is all about." :)

I feel both embarrassed and honored at the same time! To me, it's nothing. I'm just carrying on with my normal, every day life as best as I can (besides eating dinner out a lot more than normal - LOL!), and I feel that it's my duty to serve others always. Period. End of sentence. It is nice to know that there are people who really do care about the way I'm feeling, though...any normal person would do the same.

OK...my thoughts are getting jumbled (as usual), so I guess I'll end this here... Blessings to everyone reading this!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home