My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, November 04, 2005

I Feel a Bit Better Today!

Well, let's see...I woke up this morning, and the first thing Maddie says to me is, "We're best friends!" followed by a big hug! She is sweet sometimes after all!

Mackenzie, on the other hand, has been her usual self this morning...into EVERYTHING. I've already taken her off of the stairs 3 different times after SHE moved the baby gate, I've taken her away from the toilet in the half bath with her hand swishing around in it (yes, I washed her hands quickly), I've fished a sticker out of her mouth, and then she put something else in her mouth and I tried to fish THAT out. Turns out it was part of the donut I had given her...she found it on the floor...I just let her eat it. *sigh*

Otherwise, though, I feel pretty daggone good today! Last night, I filled the bathtub up with warm (not hot) water and turned the whirlpool jets on. I just sat there forever...it was so nice and peaceful. Then Phil rubbed my arms and legs and back for me. So between those two things, I don't feel *nearly* as stiff today as I have for the last week or so. Guess I'll be taking more baths.... ;)

The only strange thing that's happened is that last night while taking a bath, I kept getting this flashing sensation in the peripheral of my left eye. It was really strange. At first, I thought that it might be the light in the toilet closet flickering, but as I looked directly at the light, I realized that it wasn't flickering at all. I went back to staring at the wall of the tub again as I had been doing, and I got that same flickering in the same place again. I realized it was my vision doing that. It only lasted for about 5 minutes or so, then it went away and has been fine since...I don't know...

(Gosh, I couldn't let this post be finished without complaining SOMEhow! Haha!)

Today, I'm home with the girls (if you couldn't gather that from my first few paragraphs), so we are about to head out with my Mom for a bit of pre-Christmas shopping (read as "window shopping"). I can't believe that Christmas is in 51 days!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi - I am glad you are (were) feeling better! I am sure you treasure those days. I had to laugh about Maddie and dance class (even though it isn't funny to you) because Jada does the same thing at school. Just out of blue she freaks out when I leave but then there are days (like today) where I can hardly get a kiss good bye from her. Hope you are still feeling good today :)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home