My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's ALL OVER!!! Woohoo!

Tax season 2007 is in the bag. How thrilled am I? Let me count the ways...
  • No more staying up 'til the wee hours of the morning.
  • No more binge drinking of coffee in order to keep myself awake.
  • No more kids screaming at my feet for attention...now I can give them the attention they deserve.
  • I get to have a life again!!!

Things with me are status quo. I've still been thinking seriously about finding a new Neurologist. The more I read and hear what others have to say, the more I wonder why he refuses to perform certain tests that *could* be definitive as to a diagnosis (lumbar MRI and spinal tap). It's certainly not that I WANT those tests done, but if they can give me a definite answer, why can't we do them? I have to think, then, that it's all a money thing for them.

Anyway......

I really have been happy to be able to spend more time with my kiddos. I look at them and realize how quickly they are growing. I mean, my gosh! Maddie will be in KINDERGARTEN next year!! And my baby will be 3 soon?? It just goes by so quickly.

We've started a new nighttime routine where at bedtime, we all (me, Maddie and Mackenzie) go into Mackenzie's room, turn on only the nightlights, and we sit there and rock and sing songs. They both LOVE to sing - guess they're taking after their ol' Mom a bit. ; ) It's just so nice...such a bonding time.

Oh yeh...I have to share another "Mackie-ism" with you:

Bathing suit in "Mackese" is "baby soup." Hahahaha!

I'm SO pumped for this weekend!!!!! I'm meeting up with a few friends from the OvuSoft board - Jessica and Amy. Amy is the widow of Captain Jeff Clay who was piloting the Comair Flight 5191 that crashed in Lexington back in August of last year. I just cannot wait to meet her face to face finally. We have all talked on our board and over e-mail for quite some time now, and despite what she thinks, Amy really has been such an inspiration to us all. She's a prime example of how to continue on living despite having such a tremendous loss!

Finally, I have to give some love out to my honey. Today is the 10th anniversary of the first day that Phil and I met (and fell in love). I cannot believe that it has been 10 years already!! Time sure does fly. And 10 years later, I love him just as much, if not more than that very first day!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

I'm enjoying seeing you around more, I sure do miss you during tax season.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home