My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

No Answers........Yet.

I'm as tired of typing this as you are tired of hearing it, I'm sure:

NO ANSWERS!

Went to the Neurologist today only to get stuck with the Nurse Practitioner - AGAIN! I'm highly pissed!!! I like her very well, and as a matter of fact, I wish she was a Neurologist and not a NP because I would change over to her permanently. Fact is...she's NOT a Neurologist, and I'm paying heavy fees to see someone who does not have expertise in the human brain.

Anyway, she told me that there is still no evidence that they can apply towards a diagnosis. My MRI's looked OK...she did not have the results of my VEP for some odd reason, however. Blah, blah, blah...same old crap. She still believes that I possibly have MS, but at this point all they can do is continue to watch me, treat my symptoms and take action if/when anything else happens.

It's a damn shame that one has to wait until something happens before they can get help. I mean, I understand the whole premise behind that, but it's just crazy. Do I WANT MS? Absolutely not. Have I been told numerous times that it is probably MS? Absolutely! Do I deserve help and answers based on that? 100% absolutely no doubt!!!

On a good note...well, kind of...I finally got my Rx for Provigil. For those who don't know, Provigil is a drug that combats fatigue. Fatigue is one of my biggest complaints, and if I get rid of that, it'll take about 1/2 of my problem away. Problem with this is that I asked for this Provigil at my last appointment with them back a month or two ago, and I was told that Dr. Fee said that he only prescribes that for those who have already been diagnosed with MS. Well, I didn't even mention it this time at all, and Beth (the NP) says, "If fatigue is still a big issue for you, Dr. Fee says that we can go ahead and prescribe you some Provigil." What...the...bloody...hell! Could they not have said that the last time when I asked for it and, at that point, desperately needed it????? Grrrrr......

So the saga continues. And unfortunately, you all get more of my "bellyaching" for awhile longer. I just don't even know what more to say. I mean, I didn't expect to get answers today, but this is just one step forward, two steps back.

On another note, my grandmother (Dad's Mom) was hospitalized over the weekend. They told us on Friday night that she had a "massive heart attack" that stopped half-way through. The doctors painted a very grim picture for us...told us that they would put stints in her heart but that they may not work...told us that she was not a candidate for open heart surgery because of her Emphysema, that she would never make it off the operating table. Our whole family gathered together, and everyone was devastated - crying, praying, etc. They performed the Heart Catheterization on Sunday morning, and surprise, no heart attack due to blocked arteries! She ended up having what they call "Broken Heart Syndrome" where an attack on the heart happens because a major stressful event triggers it. There's been a lot going on with our family, so we can see how that happened. I'm SO thankful that she is OK - she was released from the hospital yesterday, but my goodness, what a stressful weekend it was!!!

Thank you all so much for reading. It's nice to know that there are people out there who care.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Mimi, I am so sorry you didn't get any answers yet again. I can only imagine how devastated you must be! My heart just breaks for you right now. Please take care.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

Mimi, I know you deserve to see that neuro for the amount of money you are paying! I miss you! And think of you all the time!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi, oh how I pray you get some answers soon. Seems like you have been waiting for far too long. Just remember to lean on your one true strength, Jesus and I know he will get you through! You are loved from across the miles!!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

HUGS!!!

I'm glad you got the Provigil. Hopefully the insurance paperwork will go through quickly. Being in a state of limbo SUCKS!! Not that you want to have the Dx, but to be able to get on with treatment would be so nice.

I'm so glad to hear that all is well with your grandma. PTL!!

Rhonda

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home