My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Crashing Halt

*sigh* Where to begin....

It's been a less than happy weekend around my home. You know the saying, "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?" Well, that pretty much sums it up.

I received the grade for part III of my CPA exam. The good news is that I bettered by grade by 12 points. The crappy part is that I got a 74 (passing is 75). My nightmare came true...I failed by one miserable lousy #@!*&#@* point!!! Bad part is that this section was all multiple choice (no essays, etc.), so the score is what it is. An appeal wouldn't result in a grade change...I know, I just called the state board to see about it.

What's this all mean? Well, basically I can continue on with taking and passing the exam. BUT I cannot apply for my CPA license until I meet the "150 hour rule" (aka, get a MASTERS DEGREE). So basically, I'm going to have to spend about $20,000 over ONE FREAKIN' POINT!! Yes, I'm peeved. Royally.

I proceeded to cry all weekend long. My kids thought I had went over the deep end, I'm sure. They just kept standing in front of me staring at me. Maddie said nothing. Mackenzie said, "Mommy sad." That just about summed it up, too. I did, however, get lots of hugs, and that's all that really mattered.

So, I have some pretty big decisions to make right now. It seems logical and "helpful" that I would get my Master's degree, but on the other hand, I'm thinking that I've already lost lots of valuable time with my girls over this. Do I really want to lose another 18-24 months with them? I mean...it's not as if I'm completely ignoring them or anything, but it does break my heart when they ask me to play with them, and I have to say, "I'm sorry, but Mommy has to study right now."

Oh, and the only way - the ONLY way - I'd even consider getting my Masters is to do it at home via online classes. It still fills the requirement, and I would at *least* be in the same building with my kiddos.

I just honestly don't know if I'm up for it or not. I really don't know. I'm already so tired and beat and whatever else. Who knows if I will be getting a diagnosis in March or not (NOT), but if I'm having to start on new medications on top of starting classes, etc.....I just don't know.

If you're reading this, and you're a praying person, will you PLEASE pray for guidance through all of this for me? Someone sent me a simple quote one time that said, "If God brings you to it, He'll see you through it." God definitely brought me to this point, and I'm certainly looking to Him to see me through it. I just need strength and wisdom and the ability to stay awake for 2 or more hours at a time.

Sorry this is such a downer of an entry...I'll be back to my normal, "chipper" self again soon, I think. After all, my husband has a job, and we just got new furniture!!! WOOHOO! ; ) (See, there ARE more important things than worrying about a silly old test that just happens to dictate my future.....Hmmmm...who'da thunk it?)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne said...

Well that just stinks. But let me tell you a masters is doable, I am living proof. But I am also praying for you.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi - I am so sorry!!! That just sucks. I know you have been working so hard for this. I will be praying for you.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Mimi, my heart just broke when I read your news. What a blow after all the hard work you've put in. Major HUGS and PRAYERS.

Rhonda

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi, I am so sorry to read your news. I will pray for guidance and peace. Jenn

8:18 AM  
Blogger ScruffyDog said...

Mimi - AAAARRGGGH!!!!!(That's a primal screem on your behalf.) How frustrating! I hope you can weather the initial disappointment and frustration and come out the other side with clarity on what you want...

Jennifer

7:32 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Poppin' in to see if there's an update.

HUGS!
Rhonda

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home