My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Great Shoplifting Caper

I'm raising a criminal.

That's right - my youngest child is a shoplifter. As we shopped in the Build-A-Bear Workshop yesterday, someone's fingers got a little too greasy.

My Mom let Maddie and Mackenzie pick out an outfit each for the B-A-B stuffed dogs that they already both own. (Mackenzie's dog is named "Doo-Doo Dog" for those who remember...) After we made the purchase, Mackenzie kept screaming "CAT!" "CAT!" "CAAAATT!" all the way down the mall. We thought that she just wanted to go back to the store and look at the cat's.

Lo and behold, as we were emptying our bags upon returning home, there, indeed, was the aforementioned "CAT!" staring up at us in the B-A-B bag. A small stuffed kitty, to be exact. Apparently, as we handed Mackenzie her bag while in the store, she decided to add - well - a cat to it.

My Mom went back to the store to pay our $5 for it today, and the girls there just laughed. Apparently, most people don't come back to pay for things that their little monsters, er...kids take off with. And apparently, thievery happens a lot between the 1-6 year old crowd. I'm proud that we were honest enough to not want to gip a store for a $5 stuffed cat.

Then again, I'm thinking - SHOOT, WE COULD'VE GOT AWAY WITH IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home