My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, February 05, 2007

I'll Take New Jobs for $100, Alex.....

I *THINK* that Phil might have a new job. *Fingers crossed, fingers crossed* He interviewed today with a locally-owned office supply company to join their administrative team. The owner was impressed and told Phil that he was his top choice on the list so far. He has one more candidate to interview. Please pray...he really needs to have a job!

In the meantime, he is also working on getting his photography business up and running. We are really excited about that possibility. He's very good at what he does (if I might say so).

Otherwise, there hasn't been anything exciting going on in my neck of the woods - yeh, nothing. If you count studying as a form of excitement, then oh yes, it's a hoot. My days go like this these days:

1. Hear alarm clock and ignore it, only that doesn't work because the stinking thing is so daggone annoying that I have to turn it off. Then I sleep over because I forgot that I turned it off and fell back to sleep.

2. Get up and dressed. Nag myself to death over why I insist on NOT calling my hair stylist and making an appointment. Remind myself that it's because I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR SILLY THINGS SUCH AS HAIRCUTS.

3. Do some work and/or study...sit and frequent OvuSoft or some other message board throughout that time so that things begin to pile up. Procrastination is my middle name. (Bet you didn't know that, huh?)

4. Try to cook dinner...only I don't feel like thawing anything, so it's carry-out for the umpteenth time in a row. My kids are horribly malnourished and are tired of grilled cheese and hot dogs. (OK, so it's not really that bad...they are VERY WELL fed and are tired of eating grilled cheese and hot dogs anyway...truth be told, they don't like anything at all, so what's a Mom to do??? Give me a break - they're 2 and 4 for goodness sake!) :)

5. Play with kids and talk to hubby all at once, all while complaining of my many ailments and botherances (is botherances a word??). It's good quality for them AND me.

6. Put kids to bed and attempt to study. Get up to make a Mochaccino on my cool new Flavia coffee station. Study a bit more. Put 4 year old BACK in bed after she comes down for some milk. Make another Mochaccino. Study. Put 4 year old back in bed. Make another...ah, forget it. Just get a Mt. Dew - it makes me stay awake for at *least* 10 minutes longer than normal. (Geez...no wonder I'm gaining weight again.)

7. Fall into bed only to remember that I forgot my whole nightly medicine regimine. Get up, walk downstairs, get a drink of water, walk back upstairs, fall into bed, remember that I forgot that I had forgotten to take my medicine, go back downstairs, yes I do take the medicine this time, go back upstairs and fall into bed never even realizing that I was literally asleep before my head hit the pillow. (And yes, this is a VERY accurate account of many of my evenings.)

Now do you see why I'm tired????? Now excuse me while I take a break from procrastinating to take a little nap....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne said...

Sooo did he get the job??? I hope you are getting a little more rest!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home