My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

It's Almost "The Big Day!"

Oh, I have so much to do!!! Finish wrapping gifts, get the girls' toys out of layaway, go food shopping, clean the house, make the food, etc., etc.

We're having Phil's Mom's side of the family over to our house on Christmas Eve. I'm hoping that I will be fully up to it after I volunteered to host! I've been having MANY very good days in a row for a little over a week now, so I guess everything will turn out well.

Yes, so apparently, this exacerbation is over and done with - YAY! I still have quite a few "glitches in my system," but they are all very managable.

My DUH story for this week is that I woke up yesterday morning, and my eyes were flashing! (Flashing in the eyes can be a symptom of MS.) I became very upset because I thought that something else was happening after I had been feeling so well...I kept opening and closing my eyes and squeezing them tight trying to get it to stop, but the flashing continued. I was just getting ready to turn over and ask Phil if he saw it, too, or if it was just my eyes, and suddenly, I heard the school bus pull away from the street behind our house (the buses have those stinking flashing lights on them...). DUH! In one respect, I was elated to realize that it wasn't my eyes at all causing that, but in a different respect, I felt SO completly idiotic...I just have to laugh, though.

Anyway, things are just busy as ever with Christmas literally peeking into the door. My Mom hosted my Dad's side of the family at her house this past Sunday for a Christmas get-together...that was strange. (We do not talk to that side much anymore due to something that happened many years ago...however, my Dad still loves his family even though they treat him like crap! I was SO happy for his sake and my Grandmother's sake that everyone showed up and got along.) My cousin on that same side of the family came over to our house on Monday night with her two kids - Dustin (3) and Savannah (1) - so that the kids could play together and open their gifts together. That was really nice, and it was great to catch up with Elizabeth after having not seen her for a long time.

So fast forward on to now...just getting things done and looking forward to my kids having a very wonderful Christmas! Hopefully their old Mom can keep up this go-round...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home