My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Sorry...No Dice!

I got a phone call from Dr. C's office this afternoon. The MRI is clear, as is my bloodwork. Great news, you say? To most people, it would seem like it is great news, and possibly it is.

The fact remains, however, that I still have these symptoms that wash over me every single day. They are there, and they are real. And now, I am one step farther away from figuring out what's going on with me.

It still could be MS...many MS patients do not get a positive read on their MRI's for many years. I don't want to be one of those people who have to suffer for a long time before something is finally figured out.

Don't get me wrong...I don't WANT to have MS, but what I DO WANT is a DIAGNOSIS whatever that may be! Something where the doctor can say, "OK...you have such-n-such, and we will treat you this way with this drug or through this therapy." Is that too much to ask???

My next step is to have "Nerve Studies" done. Dr. C is going to play the gracious host at his office once again on November 14th - my 7th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary! My day will consist of having electrical currents ran through my nerves and having needles stuck in my muscles. Way fun! NOT!

Oh well...if I were French, I would say CEST LA VIE, but I'm American (thank GOD!), so I will just say THAT'S LIFE.

Now somebody hand me some chocolate....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

UGH!! I don't envy you *that* procedure!! I will pray that you don't have MS, but that you find answers. It's such a hard thing to hear "normal" when you know somethings wrong, but they can't find it. Many many HUGS and PRAYERS for you and your family!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you don't have answers yet. You will continue to be in my prayers!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home