My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who am I now?

I've been wondering what's going on with me for awhile. Not just the physical junk that clouds everything - most days, but this mental, emotional junk.

I haven't talked to anyone about this before, and frankly, I'm not sure what's going on. I've always considered myself to be a very happy, content person, and I still am. I trust in God, love Him with all of my heart, and believe in His divine plan for my life.

But lately, I've just not felt quite right. I am so easy to anger these days...I'm crabby and easily irritated. I find myself screaming at traffic in my car...as if they can really hear me. I find myself getting aggravated over the silliest little things that my girls or husband might do. Just nonsense!

This is NOT me.

There have been a lot of stresses around me lately - death and sickness in our families, the uncertaintly of my condition, the stress of Phil not having a job, the fact that I have so much to do and so little time in which to do it. It's just all caving in around me right now.

All I can do is pray that God will surround me with His awesome love and mercy - that He will help me to be calm in the most dire situations and in the most simple situations. I cannot use excuses such as being sick or tired or whatever...I just cannot. The bottom line is that I, and I alone, carry the ability to CHOOSE to be happy or not. I have to remind myself of this daily.

I LOVE my life, and I would not change even one tiny bit of it (except that maybe I'd give myself the ability to hire another person to help me - LOL!). I adore my children and husband, I have a wonderful, loving, supportive family, I have a great business with great clients who excuse my wackiness and forgetfulness, I have friends who are just out of this world, I have a lovely home, food on my table and clothes on my back. I have NO REASON at all to be feeling the way that I do.

I just have to choose to be happy...and that's all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...

Email me if you have a chance, okay?

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so admire you. You truly have been put through the ringer and yet you maintain. It's only natural that the stress from the circumstances of your life affects you. Happiness is a choice, but joy, true joy comes from our heavenly father. We all go through valley's, just remember that it is in the valley where the most fertile ground is found. That is where growth occurs, not up on the high mountaintop. I will pray that every morning as you wake He covers you with his joy and supplies you with all that you need throughout the day. HUGS!!!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home