My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Friday, May 19, 2006

An Update

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it's been 18 days since I updated this. Sorry, everyone. Things have just been SO hectic, you would think it's tax season all over again. Sheesh!

I started working with a new client over the last few weeks...they are an Aflac affiliate and have not done any bookkeeping for the entire year of 2005! My job is to catch them up all the way through today, especially so that their 2005 tax returns can get done. (Yes, they filed an extension -heehee!).

Funny thing is that they gave me two of the plush Aflac ducks to give to my girls. The duck says, "Aflac....Aflac....AFLAC!!!" Well, Mackenzie now apparently thinks that all ducks say "AFLAC!" LOL! She's a mess!

Let's see...what else...

Thanks so much for all of your prayers for my Dad. They are working! He has been getting up and out a lot lately. He still can't be up for long, long periods of time, but he is able to run to the store quickly with Mom, sit outside, and he even dropped by our house with Mom for a few minutes the other night. He's got a good few more weeks to recover, but overall, he's doing very well.

I'm still doing Weight Watchers...but not very well... : ( I'm struggling lately with my will-power. I just CRAVE all foods - any foods, and it's keeping me at a plateau right now. I GAINED 2 lbs. last week. I'm back down now, but not by much. It's so much harder this time around, for some reason. I'm down by 8 lbs. right now, but I still have about 20 more to go. Bleh!

Maddie is about to graduate from her first ballet class soon. Her recital is going to be on June 7th! I'm SO excited!!! She's got a new best friend from her class, too - Melody (who is the daughter of Leslie (Trana) Gilpin for those of you who know her). Everytime they get to class, they both make a beeline to see each other and hug. After ballet is over, they are going to take a swim class together. Maddie's excited for the swim class, but she's even more excited that Melody will be taking it with her!

Mackenzie is a little mess...but she's SO sweet. She's gotten into the habit of hugging and kissing us all day long, and I'm just eating it up! She's been pretty slow at talking (unlike Maddie who exited the womb talking our ears off), but she's really good at communicating non-verbally with us. I think she doesn't say much because Maddie does the talking for her. She CAN say words, but she usually will just shake her head or point, etc. At night, I always sing the "Barney" song to her - "I love you, you love me..." Whenever she's ready to go to bed, she started point at herself with both hands, and that's the cue that it's time to start singing. :)

I've been feeling VERY well still, which I'm happy about. I did exercise the other night, and I got overheated...it's set me for a bit of a loop, but I'm hoping that the leftover feelings from that will go away soon and not spin me into a new flare-up. I went to pick up my MRI film from the Clinic, and it was fairly disconcerting. The doctor who read my scans (just some doc from the clinic) seemed to only focus on looking for large masses and/or degenerative problems in my spine, etc. He really didn't mention even looking for lesions or anything like that. I'm glad that my doc will be looking at them. In looking at them myself, I found a couple of places that I want to show him that look "not normal" to me, but then again, I'm not a doc. ; )

Phil is still on the hunt for a new job. Please pray that something wonderful will come along for him soon.

That's pretty much it for now....we're pretty BORING at this time, but I guess that's good sometimes.

Hello to all of my buddies reading!! I hope that you are all doing very well (especially you, Tabitha, if you haven't disowned me as your best friend by now. I hope that you are feeling very well...and I hope to see you VERY soon!). Oh and Rhonda...I guess I'll be seeing you really soon, too!!! YAY!! Can't wait!

Take it easy!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Glad to hear you are busy and doing well. Also glad to hear that you dad is healing up. Wish that Phil could find a great job--praying that he'll find the perfect job very soon.

I can't wait to see you next month. I'll have to double check my reservations and make sure that the airlines haven't screwed up anything. There are a few buddies that live near you that you'll really enjoy meeting if you feel up to it. We can all do lunch together or something.

I hope we both have answers very soon!! The unknown is so stressful.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home