My Journey...

Daily ramblings of an Endometriosis survivor, possible MS sufferer, wife and Mommy of 2 precious little girls...but more so lately, a place to complain because I just don't feel good.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Everything is Status Quo

OK...here's the update from my Neurologist appointment...not a whole lot to tell.

First of all, I told him about the symptoms I've had since the last time I saw him - dizziness, fatigue, burning sensation, ringing ears, sheer grumpiness ; ), non-usable right hand, nausea, etc., etc. Dr. Fee told me that if this were 40 years ago, he would tell me that I have Multiple Sclerosis and we'd go on down that path. However, since this is 2006 and there are many tests and MANY criteria that have to be met, he has no choice but to leave me in limbo land for a while longer. It's OK...I'm used to it by now. Sheesh...am I used to it...

He went on to explain to me that some of my symptoms could be caused by migraines. Migraines, apparently, have evolved to where they don't necessarily contain head pain. Hmm...interesting, I guess. He did admit that SOME...not all...of my symptoms *could* be attributed to that, but again, he's just not sure. So, on his "short list" right now is Multiple Sclerosis and Migraines. Fun times for all.

I get "real" migraines about once every 3-4 months now. I used to have them more frequently, but ever since going off of the pill, I have had them far less. When I get them, I get the classic symptoms - HORRIBLE head pain, flashing vision, nausea/vomiting, etc. They put me in bed for the day. I wanted to tell him that I KNOW all about migraines, and having no head pain is NOT part of it...but I guess he's the doc, and he knows best, huh?

He increased my dosage of Neurontin from 1200 mgs/day to 1600 mgs/day. He said that this should help to get rid of the rest of the nagging burning sensation that plagues me daily, and it may help get rid of some of the grumpies that I've been dealing with lately (which he thinks may be physiological in nature due to changes in my brain and nervous system). We'll see how that works.

That's pretty much it. I go back to see him in 4 months unless I need him before then. I'll be waiting with baited breath for that one. Really, I will.

SO...in other news...my oldest child has turned 4 years old. I can't believe it! Not only does that mean that she's growing so fast, it also means that I'm that much older. : ) I'll write more about her b-day party and post some pictures from it tomorrow...I'm slow these days about downloading pictures off of my camera.

Have a great day, everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Sometimes status quo isn't so bad. HUGS for not getting a definative Dx though. That bites. Interesting that migraines can cause this much havoc.

HUGS,
Rhonda

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry things aren't going so well right now. I see that you haven't been here in a while. I hope that you are ok.
Sorry to hear that your aunt passed away.
(HUGS)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home